About Me-An Attempt

I am just a minute entity in the myriad of thoughts, reflections and introspection. The definition of "About Me" becomes a piecewise approach as opposed to an integrated one.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wishes

-> On that hot afternoon on the Mumbai local, he was there
-> On that worn out audio cassette tape, he was there
-> On the day 12th board results were announced, he was there
-> During the days of adolescence, he was there
-> Over arguments on rock and roll, he was there
-> On the Sony walkman, he was there
-> During my days away from home, he was there
-> During the days of failure, he was there
-> During the days of discovery, he was there
-> During the times of friendship, he was there
-> When I spent hours staring at the wall, he was there
-> While preparing for exams, he was there
-> After my first rejection, he was there
-> On that February evening, he was there!
-> During the days of lonely travel, he was there
-> During long drives into the night, he was there
-> In foreign lands, he was there
-> On trans-continental flights, he was there
-> In my life today, he is there

Happy birthday, Mark! You have crafted my life to the tunes of your guitar. I'm still picking up the chords.....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice..

Lavs said...

Awww sweet! Totally girly comment!
I get it though. :)
As always... very well-written.

Ashutosh Dhar said...

What a tribute to Mr Knopfler. He should read this somehow

Dee said...

kalakkare man!

ADITYA said...

Whats wid the new mutual admiration society lavs and u have started over time on blog post comments..

Lavs..reply please

Arvind said...

Good one dude...

Lavs said...

Aditya: It cant be mutual admiration when the other person does not have a Blog! :D
So im gonna be the nice one posting nice comments on well written posts :D
Btw, rnt u dead yet? :| Again, i hope there is a will!

Scarlet Angel said...

Another brilliant piece dedicated to a man whose music (read voice) is soulful, calm -like the soothing gentle breeze. To add a few line to your piece -

When I shed a tear, he was there.
When I laughed till my insides hurt, he was there.
On twilight walks on the beach, he was there.
When my heart broke, he was there.
Now and forever, will he be ensconced in our hearts here.

Björn said...

Nice to have a 'constant' like this in life, right? :)
Keep enjoying the music, my friend.

Anonymous said...

very well written... although.... it does make me question you a little :D