About Me-An Attempt

I am just a minute entity in the myriad of thoughts, reflections and introspection. The definition of "About Me" becomes a piecewise approach as opposed to an integrated one.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dreamt in India...Made in Germany...Owned in America


Automobiles are synonimous to guys much the same way jewelery is to girls. Every guy has a dream car that he hopes he will own someday. From collecting pictures to dinky cars, from technical expertise to silly arguments, guys have always been passionate about the automobile.

BMWs, Ferraris, Mercedes Benzs, Lexuses, Maseratis, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Mustangs...aaah... every guy gets to orgasmic stage immediately after this foreplay! To us, the car is not just a means of transport from point A to B. It is about passion and the pleasure that's as sweet as drinking water from an oasis.

One of the first major purchases after obtaining full time work. The thrill of test drives, the feel of the machine is just awesome. Having gone through one myself, I can vouch that the time you first drive your baby out is truly a Kodak moment! It is doubly exciting when all my friends have gone into this mode pretty much at the same time. So long telephone calls and knowledge transfer has been the order of the day.

My black beauty is my pride and joy at the moment. For a guy who's been passionate about cars ever since I can remember, the Blue/White symbol with trademark twin headlamps and grille meant that nirvana had been attained. I can almost touch the halo over my head now!

I know she'll keep me happy for a long time and I know I'll not give her a reason not to! So symbiotic relationship it is. So I'll end this post with the excitement that is, my dream, my babe, my soul mate, my pride, my joy...my car.