About Me-An Attempt

I am just a minute entity in the myriad of thoughts, reflections and introspection. The definition of "About Me" becomes a piecewise approach as opposed to an integrated one.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Mind of a Jobless man!

As a certified (well atleast by me!) job seeker, I seem to have a lot of free time on my hands. Waiting for calls that may or may not come is surely a lot of work! I seemed to have received the gift of time. All I need now is a gift of space and I could well make a continuum.

I wish to present a recent phone conversation (read techinical interview) that I had with Sidney a while ago. Please pay more attention to what I thought rather than what I said. Fine line that.
For those illiterate ones, unfortunate technical graduates like us have to go through the ordeal of one (or two) telephonic interviews before we are called for an on-site one. That is the company's way asking you to remove your pants and bend over.

Sidney: Hello! Is this Siddarth?
Me(answering): Hello Sir! I was expecting your call.
Me(thinking): Damn! Sidney's a man!

S: I wish to talk to you. Are you free?
M(a): Sure Sir!
M(t): Are you freaking kidding me???? Free is my middle name!

S: We are currently screening candidates for this profile.
M(a): Oh..ok
M(t): Reeeaally?? Was I scratching around when I applied for it??

S: I wish to speak to you about the same. Can you explain the projects you've put up?
M(a): Sure....blah...blah....blah....
M(t): Read it bitch! It's only in English and it's definitely not rocket science!

S: Oh good...I see...
M(a): blah...blah...blah....
M(t): Don't interrupt my train of thoughts..As it is I do not have too many of 'em!

S: Very good. Seems you have used this tool a lot...
M(a): Thank you. Yes, I have used it quite extensively in my coursework
M(t): If you ask about it..I swear I'll swear!!

S: Can you tell me how to use this aspect of this tool to tailor this application?
M(a): umm....blah....blah....umm..blah
M(t): FUCK! There I kept my promise.

S: It appears you have done a bit of team work too...
M(a): Yes. I seem to have rather nice memories of working in a team.
M(t): Seeing is not believing man!!

S: Can you explain?
M(a): blah...blah....blah...
M(t): I go the distance to make sure that I have chicks in my team. Do you know how hard it is especially when you have such a small number of them in engineering???

S: Ok....Can you tell me what is abc concept and how is is applicable in this situation?
M(a): ummm.....I'm not sure Sir..
M(t): WTF?????

S: Give it a try....
M(a): I think it can be used in...ummm...blah..blah...ummm
M(t): Man! I'm lying my ass off!!

S: Ok...I'll buy that....Tell me what do you mean by blah...blah...
M(a): umm...blah...blah....
M(t): Sonofabitch..you bought that???? Either I should get a Nobel prize or you should quit!

S: Seems I have asked all that I wanted to....
M(a): Ok..
M(t): Funny you're still alive and on the phone.

S: Is there anything you want to ask me?
M(a): Yes, can you expand on the specifics of this profile?
M(t): What is your underwear size??

S: Oh,alright...blah....blah...blah....
M(a): ummm....uh-huh...uh-huh...ummm
M(t): I'm making bedroom (or bathroom) noises now..

S: blah...blah...blah....blah....
M(a): ????
M(t): ???????????

S: blah.....blah....blah...blah.....blah.....
M(a): I see...Very interesting....
M(t): ????????????????????????????????

S: I guess that's pretty much the profile...
M(a): Very good Sir... seems to be to my liking...
M(t): Will Carmen Electra go on a date with me?

S: Is there anything else?
M(a): Oh yes!...blah...blah...
M(t): Really??

S: blah...blah...blah....
M(a): Thank you very much
M(t): Wow..you can talk! I was just trying to show off.

S: Well, that wraps it up. Thank you for your time.
M(a): A pleasure Sir.
M(t): I used to aim to pee..Now I aim to please too!!

S: We will notify the results soon. Have a good day!
M(a): I look forward to hearing from you.
M(t): Kill me...Kill me NOW!

(Dis)claimer: All characters in this post are fictitious. Any resemblence to these characters only assertains the fact that you had way too much free time to think about this post when you met them!

5 comments:

Karthik said...

I'm sure you'll hear this... after confirmation by the HR and the hiring manager about the time of the phone call, it rings on the the d - day and the first thing he asks:

"Is this a good time to call?? I believe you were expecting our call..."

@##$@$$(%**@$@&#@$&$&@$@$&@$!!!!!! err.. yeah..sure..

Björn said...

Haha! This was so well done it can't be you... no wonder they were fictitious!

Lavs said...

lol...lol....dude!!!!i laughed sooo hard....

Sukanti said...

Hahaha!!! very well written...i remember my interviews!
And just control ur thoughts .....or sometime u will end up cursing on phn!!

Björn said...

Hahahahha I was interviewing a guy over the phone the other day and remembered this... and I started getting pissed off at him because he might also have been thinking of Carmen Electra!